Yummy with a capital Y.
- 1 1/2 packages graham crackers, depending on your cookie sheet
- 1 package toffee bits
- sliced almonds, sometimes I chop them if I have time :)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- chocolate chips, this time I tried the mini chips
- kosher salt
Preheat oven to 350. In a saucepan cook butter and sugar over medium, medium-high heat until frothy and syrupy but not brown - only takes a few minutes. While your butter mixture is cooking line your largest cookie sheet with foil and fill with graham crackers, sides touching. Sprinkle the crackers with almonds and toffee bits. Pour butter mixture over crackers and bake for about 12 minutes, until bubbly. Once out of the oven and still hot sprinkle with chocolate chips and salt. Once cool cut into two inch squares. Don't hate me...they are way too good. You can't eat just one!
*The friend that gave me the recipe toasts her almonds and chops them. I don't usually have time for those steps. I never toast my almonds but sometimes I chop them. No complaints yet! I tried the Wal-Mart brand crackers and was not happy with the result. I usually use the HEB brand, I have never tried the pricey brands.

Thanks! I was just thinking yesterday I needed to remind you I wanted this recipe!
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful for this report on Hatcher! I hope he outgrows it soon. Love ya, Aunt Betty
Copied the recipe, maybe I will make them sometime. They are delicious. So glad Hayes slept all night in her big girl bed, hope it continues. Love, Mingie
ReplyDelete